- What does MRIS stand for?
Ans. MRIS stands for Manav Rachna International School. Manav Rachna International schools are private, co-educational, English medium, highly progressive schools.
- When did the MRIS movement begin, where are all the schools located?
Ans. Manav Rachna Educational Institutions launched their first school in 2006 in Sector 21C, Faridabad. However the Manav Rachna Higher Education institutions started in 1997.
The schools are located given under
Sector 21C inception 2006 Bloomz to Grade VII
Sector 14 inception 2007 Bloomz to Grade XII
Charmwood inception 2009 Toddlers to Grade XII
Sector 46 inception 2008 Toddlers to Grade XII
Sector 51 inception 2009 Toddlers to Grade VIII
Dugri Road inception 2015 Toddlers to Grade XII
Sector 51 inception 2011 Toddlers to Grade XII
Sector 82 inception 2018 Toddlers to Grade IX
- Are the various branches on franchise model?
Ans. MRIS does not work on franchise system.
- What is the process of getting admission into MRIS?
- Parents need to fill an online admission form available on website https://apply.mris.edu.in/
- After the submission of the form with payment of the registration charges, the students are called by the school (selected for admission) for general observation and interaction(only Early Years) and written test for students of Grade I and onwards.
- After interaction & observation/ performance in the Written Test (if applicable), admission is granted and the parents of selected children are required to complete the admission formalities including payment of fees in the next 2 to 3 working days.
- What is the selection criterion for admission in MRIS?
- For Early Years the selection criteria is based on age eligibility and readiness of the child for the class applied for.
- Selection of students for Grade II onwards is based on written test, previous school result and age criteria.
- For Class XI, the Class X board result will define the eligibility to the respective streams like Science (medical/non-medical), Commerce or Humanities.
- What is the final step to admission?
Ans. The final step is parents / guardians pay the school fee as mentioned in the admission procedure within three days of selection, through Demand Draft or credit card at the school’s fee counter along with all the documents required.
- What is the age criterion for admission?
Ans. Age Criteria for admission is as follows, (the cutoff date is 31st of March)
*Age flexibility by 1-2 months is considered depending on the general readiness of the child for the class applied for and availability of seats.
- Bloomz : 1.6 to 2.6 yrs
- Toddlers (Pre Nursery) : 2.6 yrs- 3.6 yrs
- Nursery : 3.6 yrs – 4.6 yrs
- K.G : 4.6 yrs – 5.6 yrs
- Are teachers hired by Manav Rachna trained and qualified for the job?
Ans. Manav Rachna appoints experienced, professionally qualified and passionate teachers who are further provided training and orientation before getting inducted in the system. Regular in-service training is arranged for the faculty hired.
- What are the timings of the school?
Ans. The timings of all MRIS (except MRIS Mohali) are:
- Bloomz : 9.00 am -11.30 am
- Toddlers : 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Nursery- K.G. : 7.45 a.m – 12.45 p.m
- Class I-XII : 7.45 a.m.- 2.15 p.m
MRIS Mohali is a day-boarding school which follows the following timings:
- Early Years (Toddlers, Nursery & KG) : 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
- Grades I to IX : 7:45 am – 3:00 pm
- Are your schools co-educational?
Ans. Yes, they are all co-educational English medium progressive schools.
- What is the Fee payment schedule and mode of payment?
Ans. At the time of admission along with the admission fee, first quarter fee is also charged. Fee for the remaining three quarters is payable as follows:
- SECOND QUARTER: 1st July-15th
- THIRD QUARTER: 1st October -15th
- FOURTH QUARTER: 1st January-15th
- What is the student teacher ratio?
Ans.The basis of quality at Manav Rachna International Schools is the comfortable teacher student ratio. The student strength section wise:
- Early years – 1:25
- Grades 1 & II – 1:30
- Grades III to V- 1:32
- Grades VI to XII – 1:34
- With the activity teachers/ class associates and the specialized coaches the ratio falls in 1:10 to 1:15
- What is the process of evaluating the academic performance of the children?
- No formal examination in Early Years.
- Continuous monitoring of the learning as per the learning outcomes and descriptive individualized reports for Early Years to Grade IV
- Two Cycles of Unit Test and Comprehensive end of the year concept based exam for GradeV.
- Two Periodic Assessments and Two Terminal exams one in September and one in March for VI to XII. Note:-X and XII class students will take CBSE Board Exams as per CBSE system.
- What are the documents required at the time of admission?
- 3 passport size color photographs of the child.
- 2 passport size photograph of each parent.
- Child’s Aadhaar Card copy (Mandatory)
- Address proof (photocopy of the ration card/electricity bill/ telephone bill/rent agreement)
- Photocopy of report card of the previous class passed (applicable for students seeking admission to Grade II and onwards).
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Transfer Certificate, where applicable.
- What is the mode of fee payment?
Ans. The mode of quarterly fee payment is DD/ Credit Card/Cheque/NEFT/PayTM/ Easy Pay ICICI (please check with the respective school for the mode of payment)
- What are the differentiating features of MRIS?
Ans. Motivating and Happy Learning Environment
Manav Rachna International Schools provide a happy and motivating learning environment where children love to learn from their mistakes and achieve their full potential.
The Learning Centre Approach in the early years offers children multiple activities for experiential learning. The schools believe that children learn better by doing, so a number of learning situations are created within the class rooms with self-learning material and story boards. Children learn from their peers, so a number of situations are created where they play together, interact, work and develop socially and emotionally.
- CREST (Created by Manav Rachna) is a highly-engaging, integrated global-studies curriculum for grades 1 through 5 which is developed specifically for our MRIS Community of Schools. CREST lessons are media-rich experiences which encourage students to explore global studies through activities which integrate information, art, language, music, drama, history and technology. CREST takes students on an unforgettable journey from pre-historic times to the 21st century and along the way, introduces them to the rich and diverse cultures that make up our world. As technology and development make our world a smaller place and necessitate constant inter-cultural exchange, CREST uniquely prepares students for an increasingly global marketplace.
Techno Planet- Skill Labs
Manav Rachna International Schools (MRIS) run a unique Skill Development Program that introduces the concept of “innovation” at a very early age. The schools are equipped with state-of-the-art TechnoPlanet Labs that trains students in STEAM i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math, the latest approach in modern education. Here, we encourage students to explore the skills of the future such as design and computational thinking, adaptive learning and artificial intelligence.
Atal Tinkering Labs: MRIS 46 Gurugram, MRIS, Charmwood and MRIS 14 Faridabad have been chosen to establish an ‘AtalTinkering Lab’ under the Atal Innovation Mission of the NitiAayog.
Technology aided learning
All schools are Smart Schools with networked classrooms. Smart interactive boards with projectors are available in each classroom. All modules come with an advantage of combining the features of a computer, Internet, Power Point Presentations and animation. The 3D images, different fonts and styles help teachers bring clarity to instruction. Teachers and students create a lot of Audio visual learning material. Students make presentations and use technology extensively under the guidance of teachers. Computer labs for junior and senior students equipped with the latest technology support technology.Technology brings about a complete transformation in classroom thus making learning an enjoyable experience for students and motivates students for research and project based learning.
I-Pads are used by students (Grade VI onwards) for research.
Well Equipped Labs for Science, Maths , Language and Social Sciences
The school supports the learning of students with well-equipped labs at various levels. Activity zones, math lab, theatre ,all classrooms as audio visual labs, computer labs for junior and senior students, robotic and techno labs, Dance and Music halls, fine arts , psychology lab and child development center, with the Physics, Chemistry, Biology , Home science and Composite science labs for the middle and secondary school students are available.
Junior Lego Lab
There is much more to robotic education than just learning about robots. Students of Nursery – IV are curious about robots and the teachers make use of this curiosity to teach and eventually help them develop problem solving and analytical skills.
The kits used by us, tap into children’s natural inquisitiveness about the world around them and encourage them to observe carefully and think creatively, as well as to work together in a constructive, playful way.
Well Stocked Libraries for Juniors and Seniors enriched with digital content
The schools focus on reading and hence provide rich literature, fiction, reference, biographies and writings of great authors across the world and our own Indian and Anglo-Indian writings. Library at MRIS is called the Learning hub.
- Facilities for Basketball,
- Volley Ball
- Swimming is available in sec 46 Gurugram and Sec 14 Faridabad.
- Shooting Range
- Table Tennis and Badminton
- Martial Arts
- Squash Court (Sec 51 Noida)
- Mat Kabbadi(Sec 51 Noida)
- Fencing (MRIS Mohali)
Safety and Security
All schools are covered under CCTV; all school buses have CCTVs and GPS installed. Sensitive and trained faculty, administrative and support staff helps ensure safety of each child.
Healthcare facilities are available in the School Medical Room which functions under the guidance of a full-time doctor. The medical room is fully equipped to give first aid in case of any emergency. The health centre of the school organizes regular medical checkups for staff and students. It also organizes awareness camps on various health problems. General health check up with Eye and Dental specific are regular feature.The school takes note of any specific medical requirement raised by the parents and responds accordingly.
- Which Board are Manav Rachna schools affiliated to?
Ans. All Manav Rachna schools are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- How often do you have Parent Educator Conference? (PEC)
Ans. The schools strongly believe in the active participation of parents in the learning of their children. The three main stakeholders the school, the student and the parents have to be involved to better facilitate the growth and development of children. Open Houses and Coffee Mornings (for parents of all Grades) are a regular feature at Manav Rachna.
PECs are organized every alternate month for all classes. However for early years, parents can meet teachers more often if required after prior appointment with the teachers.Regular theme assemblies also provide interaction opportunities. Teachers and parents can get in touch with each other through telephone, almanac and through the parent portal at the ERP site.
- Do MRIS have a Life Skills Program?
Ans. Manav Rachna International Schools are a promoter of a healthy environment in the school premises. We believe that to encourage the holistic development of students, it is essential for students to work collaboratively and participate in activities. To ensure maximum participation of students in multifarious activities and competitions, Clans have been established in the schools. The aim of the clans is to provide a nurturing ground to the students for honing life skills.
To instill vigour, artistry, elegance, leadership, agility and grace, four different clans representing different environmental elements and a mascot have been introduced:
· Air Falcons
· Forest Rhinos
· Water Sharks
· Wild Cats
With the clans, our idea is to instill requisite qualities of integrity, leadership, character, loyalty, respect, sportsmanship, proficiency, and regularity among our students. The students hall undertake various activities in the domains of Literary & Media, Sports, Cultural, Sustainable Development, and Life Skills.
- Do the children go for Inter School Competitions?
Ans. The students of MRIS participate in all district, state, national and international competitions in all areas of activity. Manav Rachna also hosts a great number of inter school competitions in various areas.
- Do you prepare the children for any Competitive Exams and other external competitions?
Ans. Students of MRIS are prepared for all necessary external competitions through modules, enrichment classes and regular assessments. The children appear for all National Olympiads like NSO,NCO,ISO and YLE (Young Learners English) from Cambridge University exams Aryabhatta, NTSE, NSTSE and all other scholastic exams.
- How do you help the children to develop their life skills?
Ans.The schools have a well-developed program on life skills which comprises both, technical and soft skills.
- By conducting regular life skills workshop for children and giving them opportunities to lead certain programs. The schools are also a part of Rama Krishna Mission for life skill and Value Education. Regular time and activities as per the CBSE guidelines are taken up.
- By putting the children into various situations which make them think and solve their problems as well as the problems of other students.
- Assembly talks, practice of Yoga, theme assemblies, collaboration, group projects all develop life skills in children.
- By giving them ample exposure and scope to develop communication skills, collaborative skills, problem solving, critical and creative analytical skills and research skills.
- How many food breaks are there?Ans. One Fruit/Snack Break and One Lunch break for students in all grades. MRIS Mohali provides Nutritious food and snacks for students, twice a day (in-house cafeteria run by highly caring staff). At Mohali, Breakfast and lunch is a sumptuous combination of 100% nutritious food (fruits, vegetables, nuts, dry fruits, pulses and grains). Weekly menu will be shared with the parents.
- Do you organize any Edu-trips or fun excursions for students?
Ans.Educational trips form an integral part of teaching-learning process. They supplement curriculum through interaction with the outside world. We tailor each visit to make it developmentally appropriate and educationally stimulating.We organize Edu-trips (Theme Based) and adventure camps for our students on a regular basis. Educational trips are meticulously planned by us. These include theme parks, amusement parks and heritage monuments and many others. Early years and Junior Primary go for day trips and Grade II onwards children are sent for educational trips in different parts of the country.
- International trip is arranged once a year for the students of Grade V and above. Students have undertaken trips to NASA (USA), Dubai, Japan, Europe and many other countries.
- We take the students for field trips and day night trips to places with scenic beauty and historical importance, lot of fun learning outings are arranged for early years.
- What are your initiatives for ISR/ social initiatives?
Ans. We conduct many community outreach programs, where the students look beyond themselves and experience the joy of giving and learn to serve. Under the aegis of Dr. O P Bhalla Foundation, students undertake visits to orphanages, blind schools, and old age homes. Sharing resources is a regular practice. Blood donation camps, EkMutthiDaan (of rice for the needy), computer literacy for senior citizens and housewives of the neighbouring area, library for senior citizens, literacy for the support staff and working with Govt. schools to enhance their level of education in a private public partnership model, conducting cleanliness drives, awareness rallies against pollution are a few of our other initiatives.
27. Do you provide Third Language?
Ans. Yes, from grade V (introductory level), through the Middle school (VI to VIII) as per CBSE’ s three language formula at the middle school with option of Sanskrit /a Foreign Language. French is available at all schools.
- How does the school share news and information with parents?
Ans. Manav Rachna International Schools are moving towards paperless communication. School Website, ERP, Emails, mass SMS and social media are some forms of communication that the school uses.Regular circulars/Emails are sent to parents for updating them with the activities at schools through the parent portal (school ERP).Almanac is also a mode of communication.The Reporter(printed hard copy) highlighting keyevent in MRIS and the Higher Education Institutions of Manav Rachna (on a quarterly basis) is also distributed to the children.
- What are the teaching and learning methodologies adopted by the school?
Ans.There is no one style that is adopted by teachers in classrooms. Teachers are capable of using multiple styles of teaching as per the learning styles of students.
- Cooperative learning: Through this method students learn essential interpersonal life skills and develop the ability to work collaboratively – a skill greatly in demand. Audio-visual aids make the subject come alive and grab the attention of the students.
- Abstract-to-Concrete: By leading the students from the abstract to the concrete, teachers give the students a hand-on experience, therefore the students ‘know’ what they learn.
- Application of the theory of multiple intelligences: Students are exposed to a variety of experiences which engage or stimulate the different kinds or intelligences in them.
- Smart Way of Learning: The school has adopted a world-class comprehensive technology providing teaching solution with world-class teaching resources to aid teachers with animations, clips, and pictures from a vast repository through networked computers in each class.
- Teachers use these resources right inside the classroom using display devices such as interactive boards and networked computers to teach their subjects.
- It enables students to acquire a faster and better understanding of the concepts taught.
- The smart class program has really made classroom teaching a SMART way of learning.
- Teaching with resources- Teachers are also encouraged to create their own resources in the form of presentations, which are also made a part of smart learning of students and the teacher is accessible to each child as teacher –student ratio is low.
- Hands-on-experiences- In order to stimulate and encourage ‘good work’, students are given hands-on-experiences. Critical thinking is encouraged through various thinking skill activities.
- Project-based, flipped classroom practices.
- Annual Projects based on UN SDGs.
- Do you encourage parents to participate in school functions and activities?
- Yes we do encourage the parents to actively get involved in the school functions, celebrations and various activities like storytelling, Book Weeks, reading, exhibitions, Book fairs and for delivering and sharing their specific professional knowledge and skills etc.
- We also welcome grandparents on grandparents’ day and for other important school functions like Father’s day. Mother’s Day etc.
- They are also asked to provide articles and other contributions for the school magazines and newslettersand be a part of Radio Manav Rachna, the community Radio station
- We also organize parenting and other relevant workshops
- How do you encourage Reading?
- We have class libraries right from Toddlers to Grade I. Students visit the school library from Grade II-Grade XII.
- We provide E-books and Kindle.
- Through our reading programs, book exhibitions; talk with authors, talking to parents that they too must read.
- We follow DEAR Club(Drop Everything And Read)
- Subscription to National Dailies.
- Is career counseling provided to the students?
Ans.Yes, from Grade IX onwards through a professional agency.
- Is Manav Rachna equipped to handle students with Special Education Needs?
Ans. Manav Rachna International Schools believe in addressing the specific learning needs of every student. The Special Education Needs [SEN] department offers to bridge this gap through individualized education programs [IEPs] for each individual student to be monitored by the special educators. The specially-trained educators and counsellors work towards students’ abilities and needs; contributing to their academic, social and behavioral development.
Ans. Students are given preference on internal transfer based on availability of seats. The student is issued a TC from the host school and is readmitted to the other branch. There are no readmission charges. The parent is required to deposit a fresh Security amount in the new branch and get the deposited security refunded from the host school later. This process is followed for the students studying with Manav Rachna.
In case of students admitted for the next session, who seek transfer to other branch of Manav Rachna before the commencement of the session, total amount paid to the host school is refunded after the parent deposits the same to the other branch and presents the receipt to the host school.