“Futuristic, Integrated, Challenging, Flexibile & Comprehensive Curriculum”
Manav Rachna Schools have a comprehensive curriculum of excellence with global dimension that accommodates diverse learning needs of students and makes teaching learning a joyful experience for students and teachers. Age appropriate learning opportunities coupled with cocurricular activities and the most modern infrastructure support teaching learning in all the schools. The schools look after the diverse needs of the different children and help them achieve the best as per their capacity and potential. Helping children learn-academically, socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically is the real purpose of schools. Children’s learning must respect past, respond to their current & future personal needs, their future career needs & the needs of the varied societies and cultural groups they are likely to play a part, Manav Rachna curriculum is built around all these needs.
Manav Rachna has always been visionary and forward moving when it comes to education in its schools. Be it introducing tinkering or robotics to its students or coming up with its own GEF publications that focus on conceptual learning or the CREST curriculum or pioneering life skills and the UN sustainability based projects, MRI Schools have always had an edge over others.
Taking its learning approach to the next level, MRIS has integrated its unique features into a more holistic program named Future Skills & Sustainability (FS & S) for the Academic Session 2021-22. The basis of this futuristic program is founded in E2030 Position Paper on the Future of Education and Skills, OECD, The Future of Jobs Report 2020, World Economic Forum, UNESCO – Future of Education Initiative and NEP 2020. The program will be implemented through different verticals of Tinkering, Coding & Technology, Media & Design and AgriTech. The verticals are experiential and inquiry based and will be introduced gradually.
The Tinkering Projects in the program which link SDGs and STEM activities will primarily incorporate design solutions, industry connect, entrepreneurship, innovation, SDG plug-ins (economic, social, climate and environmental), self-awareness and values, 21st century skills, life skills.
The chief focus of Coding and Technology will be computer related foundational learning and competence development – age appropriate – for employment from around 2030 onwards. It includes development of computational thinking skills through programming languages, app and web development, gaming technology, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning).
The Media and Design vertical would focus on SDG advocacy through mass communication and ethics, photography and photojournalism, scripting and blogging, radio and podcasting, anchoring and presenting, video production and vlogging, digital media, graphics and web design, and citizen journalism. The connecting educational link between all the verticals is sustainability.
EARLY YEARS @ MANAV RACHNA
Key highlights are as mentioned
Flexible, Joyful, Play Based, Experiential Curriculum
- Flexible curriculum, along with engaging and hands-on activities ensures that children are successful learners.
- Experiential curriculum enables children pursue their own areas of interest and try their hands at problem solving
- Involvement in hands-on activities stimulates a child’s drive for exploration and discovery.
- Play is encouraged to equip children with skills for life- emotional intelligence, social wellbeing, communication, collaboration, problem solving, creativity and strengthening of fine and grass motor skills.
Focus on Socio Emotional Wellbeing and Language Development
- A strong Social and Emotionalfoundation in early childhood impacts emotional regulation, social relationships and higher cognitive abilities in later years
- Teachers active agents in nurturing social competence & emotional balance
- Pretend play, circle time, small group interactions and activity based learning enable children to enhance linguistic skills and express feelings, thoughts, respect opinion of others and develop social skills
- Soft skills curriculum helps children in regulating their feeling, generate empathy and sensitivity
Pre Coding Integration
- Early coding or pre-coding, offers children experiences that integrate communication, thinking, and problem solving.
- Coding or ‘new literacy’ a growing prerequisite in the digital world is introduced in analog form in the early years
- Pre coding skills like understanding systems, patterns, instructions through role play, games, puzzles, stories and activities are introduced
- Parents are kept abreast of the objectives and methodology for extending the thinking skills at home
Personalized Inclusive & Equitable Opportunities
- Inclusive learning provides all students with access to flexible learning choices and effective paths for achieving educational goals in spaces where they experience a sense of belonging.
- In our inclusive education environment, all children, regardless of their abilities learn together in the same age-appropriate classroom.
- Early intervention is provided and individual learning program created to take students through a classroom readiness program with continued inclusive support thereafter
Researched Educational Pedagogy followed– by experienced and trained teachers
- Learning centre approach involves constructivist, inquiry based, reflective, collaborative and integrated form of learning.
- Motivating and enriching environment where the children observe, inquire and learn by doing.
- The teacher acts as a facilitator kindling and training minds to think and become lifelong learners.
- Classroom environment, with various resources, encourages the child to learn on their own and as well as from peers.
- Teachers are continuously trained through professional development programs, workshops and seminars.
- Opportunities to encourage parents to actively get involved in various school functions and activities like story-telling, book fairs, reading, parent educator conferences and sharing their knowledge with students as well as teachers.
- Grandparents and parents are welcomed to participate in thematic celebrations
- Parents invited to share their knowledge with the entire MRIS spectrum through contributions in School Reporter
HOLISTIC & WHOLESOME LEARNING in 7 LEARNING AREAS
Learning at MRIS progresses under 7 key Learning Areas- Languages & Literacy, Numeracy, CREST (Science & Social Science), Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Sports and Well Being, Life Skills, Future Skills & Sustainability.
- Languages & Literacy-. English (1st Language), Hindi/Punjabi(2nd Language), Sanskrit, French, Spanish, German (3rd Language)
3rd Language to the students is introduced in Grade V. Language once chose is compulsorily studied till Grade VIII.
In Grade IX English is a compulsory language and additionally students can choose any one of the other languages (from above) that they have studied
- Numeracy – Pursued by students till Grade X. In Grade they have the option of taking Standard or Basic Math. Applied Math is introduced in Grade XI.
- Thematic / conceptual learning through CREST – In Grades I-V, Crest is taught with an integrated and interdisciplinary approach. From Grade VI though it bifurcates into Science and Social Science, conceptual, scientific and research based approach still remains
In the Senior Secondary stage streams bifurcate as under
- Science- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, AI, IT
- Commerce- Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics
- Humanities-History, Political Science, Geography, Legal Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Painting, Physical Education
Students are allowed to choose from a number of subject options as per their aptitude, capacity and the career paths chosen.
Theme based smart modules, group work, group discussions, case studies, independent academic workshops, interaction, experimentation, project work, dramatization, technology, industry connect supported whole brain teaching are the tools used to facilitate the teaching – learning process at all stages school level .