IMMUNITEA = IMMUNITY
1) Haldi Tea – Haldi has been used as a medicinal ingredient due to its strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties that boost immunity. It has also been used as a traditional treatment for digestive conditions.
How to make Haldi Tea at home:–
- In a pot of boiling water, add some haldi powder, ginger slices and pepper. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Strain the water and add some lime juice and honey.
2) Ginger Tea – A steaming cup of ginger tea can help reduce nasal congestion and other respiratory issues.
Ginger is also a muscle relaxant and can alleviate headaches, menstrual cramps, sore muscles and other kinds of pain.
How to make Ginger Tea at home :-
- Peel and slice some ginger. Boil water and add the slices. Strain the tea and discard the pieces of ginger. Add some honey, cinnamon, haldi or lemon juice.
3) Tulsi Tea – This super food has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties, thereby improving one’s immunity. It reduces blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the body and is also known to reduce stress, as it lowers the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone in the body.
How to make Tulsi Tea at home:-
- Add some ginger, tulsi leaves and cardamom powder to some boiling water. After boiling for 10 minutes, strain the water. Add some honey and lime juice.
4) Lemon Tea – Lemons are the rich source of Vitamin C, a vital nutrient that boosts immunity. Drinking warm or hot lemon water early in the morning helps boost your digestive system.
- How to make Lemon Tea at home:-
Boil some water, add a pinch of turmeric, some lime juice and honey to it.
5) Peppermint Tea – Peppermint tea is known for its cooling properties and to relieve digestive problems such as bloating and indigestion. It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties and its aroma helps to reduce nausea and vomiting. Since, it is naturally caffeine-free, it is a great tea to drink before bed time.
How to make Peppermint Tea at home:-
- Fill the pot with boiling water and add some mint leaves. Let it stay for a couple of minutes till the water turns pale yellow. Strain the tea and add some honey and lime.
6) Cinnamon Tea – Cinnamon is loaded with anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
It controls blood sugar levels and blood pressure, promotes heart health and also reduces pain caused by menstrual cramps.
How to make Cinnamon Tea at home:-
- Add 1 tbsp of Cinnamon powder or sticks to boiling water and let it rest for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and add some honey f or taste.
Written By :- MRIS-14 CREST Teacher Ms. Pallavi Kapoor (M.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics, M.Ed)