Principal’s Message – MRIS Gurugram Sector 46
Mrs. Dhriti Malhotra, Principal | MA (English), B.Ed. Experience: 30 Years
With almost 3 decades of rich experience behind her, she has earlier held the reigns of Ryan International School, Vasant Kunj New Delhi and Scottish High International School, Gurugram as the Principal. She believes that every child is unique and born with inherent talent which needs to be groomed and polished. She envisions that every child excels in a sport and art (performing as well as fine) activity along with academic excellence.
Mrs. Malhotra has initiated the Special Education Needs (SEN) Department in the schools that she has led. The Inclusive Education Programme aims to integrate students with learning disabilities in mainstream education and addressing their needs so as to bring out the best in them.
Her passion for education and innovative teaching, meritorious work in the field of Social Welfare, Indian Culture, Music, Dance and Art has been rightly recognized and she has been felicitated with the ‘Progressive Principal of India for the year 2017’, ‘Vidyashree Award’, ‘Avantika Dr. Radhakrishna Samman’, ‘Best Educationist Award’, ‘The Best State Principal –Haryana Zone’, ‘Best Mentor’ award by Global SOTY Foundation and many more. Under her leadership, MRIS-46 has been awarded accreditation by the US based AdvancEd Commission for five years based on the S chool’s exemplary performance in all areas.
She joined the Manav Rachna Group in June 2009 at MRIS-46 where she began her journey of turning the MRIS vision and mission into a reality. School has grown from a strength of 125 children to almost 2800 children in a span of just 9 years.
- MRIS-46 has been selected to establish Atal Tinkering Lab in the School premises under ‘Atal Innovation Mission’ by Niti Aayog, Government of India.
- Ranked No. 3 in India, No.1 in Haryana & No.1 in Gurgaon in the category- ‘India`s Top 20 CBSE Schools’ in a survey conducted by EducationToday.co in 2017.
- Ranked 5th in Times School Survey 2017 in the category of Gurgaon Leaders and 9th in Education World India School Rankings 2017 in Gurgaon Co-ed Day School category.
- MRIS-46 received Brainfeed School Excellence Award 2017 in the category of ‘School with Best Innovative Practices & Best Infrastructure’ among top Haryana Schools in commendation of achieving excellence in quality school education towards the development of the society.
- Teachers-Ms. Bindu Harish was awarded as ‘The Best District Teacher for the SOF-International Mathematics Olympiad for 2016-17’ and Ms. Navpreet Kaur as ‘The Best District Teacher for the SOF-National Science Olympiad’ by Academic Council of Science Olympiad Foundation.
- MRIS-46 has been recently declared as one of the Futuristic Schools of India 2017 by re:think India. MRIS-46 was among the four schools in Haryana to have bagged the coveted position in the National Convention of Futuristic Schools of India held on National Technology Day at India International Centre.
- ASSOCHAM National Excellence Award 2016 in the category ‘Best School for Innovation & Value-Based Education’.
- CNN-IBN has covered MRIS-46 in the SHINING Schools of India.
- MRIS offers classes right from the entry level Toddlers to the exit level- Higher Secondary and aims to provide quality education at all levels. Streams offered at the Senior Secondary level include- Medical, Non-Medical, Commerce as well as Humanities. For wholesome development and guidance of its students; MRIS conducts various programmes which include Career Counseling, Behavioral Counseling, Inbound and Outbound Educational Trips and many more. Students are also brought close to their rich cultural heritage through various programme conducted by the Fine Arts and Performing Arts faculty. Great emphasis is laid on students of IX to XII wherein they are guided and counseled for various fields of employment.
- Innovative practices can only fall in place when the teachers are empowered to face the changing teaching learning dynamics. MRIS empowers the teachers through various Professional Development Programmes, CBSE workshops, CREST programmes by Academic Excellence team which are interwoven in the teacher’s calendar.
- To help children develop 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, creativity, analytical/ critical thinking, researching and many more, MRIS provides platform to students through active participation in MUNs. Children are rigorously trained and groomed in diplomatic expression of thought and researching information. Our School MUN team have participated in various prestigious MUN and brought laurel to School.
- MRIS 46 students have been consistently bringing glory to the school through their commendable performances in the Cyber, Science, Math, English and French Olympiads.
- The massive school library at MRIS caters to students from Early Years – Grade XII and all staff members. The library possesses a corner for library related activities like storytelling, puppet show etc. and a research corner. The Resource Centre boasts of almost 16,000 books & resource material and has kindles for children. Library also conducts many programmes for students like Book Swap, Book week, Star Reading programme, Skype sessions with renowned authors & writers and many more.
- MRIS46 students are also trained in piano for the Trinity Guildhall Exam and have been receiving merit and distinction certificates. Sports development programmes in school not only promote healthy lifestyle but also support academic learning, build self-esteem, develop cooperation, teamwork and sportsmanship. MRIS has been able to strike a perfect balance between sports activities and academics. Apart from the scheduled time table slot, students can opt for any sports activity in the morning one hour practice slot. Specialized coaching in Cricket, Table Tennis and Shooting is also provided after school hours. Making most of the facilities available, students of MRIS 46 have proven their mettle at district, state and national level swimming, football, athletics, basketball, chess, cricket, gymnastics and taekwondo.
- With the aim of further exposing and enriching students in various fields, MRIS 46 offers weekly activities to students through its clubs and societies.
- The Skill Lab at MRIS-46 trains the students on the lines of STEAM, the latest approach in the modern system of education. As the student gets into the middle school, they have wider choice to choose from broadly divided three Skills- IT Skills, Core Engineering Skills & Audiovisual Skills. In today’s highly competitive environment no education can claim to do justice without igniting the sensitive and fertile minds to have an urge to explore and research. Catching them young, the Research Based Projects are compulsory part of our curriculum.
- In a humble attempt to further the schools’s vision, Dr. O P Bhalla Foundation, a trust with philanthropy as its sole objective, has been carrying forward his vision. MRIS envisions to make its students sensitive ‘manavs’ with a perfect blend of knowledge and character. Keeping this aim in mind, MRIS 46 under the aegis of Dr. O. P. Bhalla Foundation has associated itself with Haryana Government’s Muskaan Project and has been closely working with GGSSS & Govt. Girls Primary School, Badshahpur.