Principal’s Message – MRIS Gurugram Sector 46
Mrs Dhriti Malhotra, Principal | MA (English), B.Ed. Experience: 30 Years.
With almost 2 decades of rich experience behind her, she has earlier held the reigns of Ryan International School, Vasant Kunj New Delhi and Scottish High International School, Gurugram as the Principal. Her passion for education and innovative teaching, meritorious work in the field of Social Welfare, Indian Culture, Music, Dance and Art has been duly recognized as she has been felicitated with the ‘Vidyashree Award’, Avantika Dr. Radhakrishna Samman and the Best Educationist Award by the International Institute of Education and Management. She joined the Manav Rachna Group in June 2008 at MRIS-46 where she began her journey of turning the MRIS vision and mission into a
reality. Over the last few years, the school has grown from strength of 125 children to almost 2500 children in a span of just 6 years. As Principal, she is now steering MRIS Gurgaon to new heights.
- As per the recent survey conducted by C-4 Group initiated by the HINDUSTAN TIMES, MRIS-46 has been adjudged as the BEST PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL IN DELHI/NCR.
- CNN-IBN has covered MRIS-46 in the SHINING Schools of India.
- Declared the 3rd Best Future Ready school at School Summit 2013 and ranked 22nd in Delhi NCR by Digital Learning School Leadership Summit 2013.
- Special Education Needs Department (SEN). It caters to students with diagnosed learning disabilities and difficulties. The department works at two levels- integrated teaching and pulls out sessions based on individual students’ needs. Individual Education Plan is drafted for each child under SEN which helps to bridge the learning gap and is aimed to bring the child up to the class level. Numerous
students have benefitted from this practice and are now active learners in classroom setup.
- MRIS offers classes right from the entry level Toddlers to the exit level- Higher Secondary and aims to provide quality education at all levels. Streams offered at the Senior Secondary level include- Medical, Non-Medical, Commerce as well as Humanities.
For wholesome development and guidance of its students, MRIS conducts various programmes which include Career Counseling, Behavioral Counseling, Inbound and Outbound Educational Trips, Student Exchange Programme and many more. Students are also brought close to their rich cultural heritage through various programme
like Kala Sanyojan, Spic Macay and Theme Assemblies conducted by the Fine Arts and Performing Arts faculty.
Some other academic achievements of the students include Budding Spellers at International level of MaRRS Spelling Bee, Ist at State Level MaRRS Spelling Bee, Ist in English at Asset National Level Benchmark Exam. MRIS 46 students have been consistently bringing glory to the school through their commendable performances in the Cyber, Science, Math and English Olympiads.
MRIS46 students are also trained in piano for the Trinity Guildhall Exam and have been receiving merit and distinction certificates. Sports development programmes in school not only promote healthy lifestyle but also support academic learning, build selfesteem, develop cooperation, teamwork and sportsmanship. MRIS has been able to strike a perfect balance between sports activities and academics. Apart from the scheduled time table slot, students can opt for any sports activity in the morning one hour practice slot. Specialized coaching in Cricket, Table Tennis and Shooting is also provided after school hours. Making most of the facilities available, students of MRIS 46 have proven their
mettle at district, state and national level swimming, football, athletics, basketball, chess, cricket, gymnastics and taekwondo.
With the aim of further exposing and enriching students in various fields, MRIS 46 offers weekly activities to students through its clubs and societies.