A child’s early years have a significant role to play to build the foundation for one’s overall development. A robust groundwork provides a strong base in developing lifelong learning abilities. Therefore, to bring the best in each child, the importance of early childhood education (ECE) cannot be overlooked.
Below are the few reasons which tell us why early childhood education is important:
- Effective syllabus/course in early childhood instills language skill and ability to acquire vocabulary. Children do not only learn to adapt social skills but also understand how to develop their own values.
- ECE encourages brain development activities. If we consider the skillset which many hold in the 21st Century, it becomes of utmost importance that we prepare children for success in school and life. To achieve such a benchmark, ECE can make a substantial difference in the lives of young children.
- ECE helps in framing a layout for children which provides them opportunities to work and explore across various roles during the play and education within the defined parameters which makes them strong enough to challenge themselves in the tough times.
- ECE aims at the holistic development of a child’s social, emotional and physical needs which helps in building a robust and broad foundation for well-being and ultimate learning.
- ECE is crucial for brain development. The educators have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children by providing quality experiences in early childhood education. Educators can directly influence a child’s emotional well-being by creating opportunities to become socially competent through building friendships and secure relationships. Thus, it plays an important role in helping children to prepare for the transition to school and beyond.
Written By :- Ms. Lipika Girdhar, Teacher, MRIS Charmwood