Principal’s Message – MRIS Faridabad Charmwood
Arpita Chakraborty, Principal, M.Sc (Molecular Biology), B.Ed., (CSIR-UGC NET), MBA (Educational Administration), PG Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM).
“The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” – Brian Herbert
A child’s inquisitive mind needs the right pair of nurturing hands to develop. The school as an entity directs all its endeavours in providing the optimum opportunity and environment for the child to acquire and improve the ability and zeal to learn. In this process we seek the constant collaboration and active participation of our parents as important stakeholders of the institution. Together we empower the child with knowledge and life skills to evolve as a humane individual connected with his true inner-self.
Self -realization with knowledge, the core ideals behind the vision of MRIS, is followed in spirit in all aspects of school life and we aim to build confident, empathetic and responsible leaders of tomorrow. We have been following the principles envisioned by our Founder-visionary Dr. O.P. Bhalla and we will continue to strive ahead.
MRIS CHARMWOOD’S MILESTONES
- 1st position in “Project Presentation” and 2nd position in “Robot Games” in the Prestigious Robotics competition- “ASIA PACIFIC OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP” – 1st Lego League held in Australia from 6th to 9th of July, 2017. 10 students from our school represented India at an International level, where in participants from 38 different countries competed against each other.
- Robo Tryst – 2014 at IIT-Delhi on 27.02.2014 Two teams from MRIS, Charmwood (CW) were among the top five out of 125 teams. Two teams from the school have been consistently performing in the Indian Robotics Olympiad for the last three years and have also qualified for the nationals.
- MRIS Charmwood won the most prestigious Education Excellence Award-2014, recognizing best practices in delivering quality education in India in the field of “Best School in Teaching Learning Practices” by THE ASSOCIATED CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY OF INDIA (ASSOCHAM).
- Brainfeed Excellence Award 2017 under the “Most influential school brand among top Haryana schools” category. It has also been lauded for achieving excellence in quality school education towards development of society.
- Manav Rachna International School Charmwood is thrilled to have been awarded in the Digital learning- Top Schools of India Ranking 2016. Ranked 4th in both Online Presence and Social footprints categories and top 7 schools of Faridabad.
- As per the recent survey conducted by C-Fore Group initiated by the HINDUSTAN TIMES, MRIS Charmwood has been adjudged as the BEST PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL IN DELHI/NCR.
- CNN-IBN has covered MRIS CW in the SHINING Schools of India.
- A science project based on Super absorbent Fire Retardant from MRIS, CW has been selected to be represented from the Delhi/NCR region and was presented in the Indian Science Fair held at Bangaluru.
- Another feather in the cap was an artistic endeavor wherein the students have been winning laurels at Kshitij International Art Competitions.
- The dance group of the school won first position in the traditional French Dance Category in the International French Competition, 2014 organised by Prayatan International.
- The students from the Interact club have won appreciation for their Community and school based project.
- In the recent CBSE evaluation to mark the SCHOLASTIC domain and CO SCHOLASTIC AREA, MRIS CW has been rated as the best school providing authenticated evidences of work done by the students.
- Setting international standards for its teaching pedagogy, MRIS Charmwood applied for international accreditation with AdvancED, and after a thorough and in depth insight into its systems, the School’s Candidacy has been approved. After accreditation it will be the first School in India to be internationally accredited with AdvancED, USA.
- MRIS Charmwood is affiliated to CBSE upto Senior Secondary level and has applied for the CBSE accreditation.
- Manav Rachna International School, Charmwood Village, won the most prestigious Education Excellence Awards 2012 in the field of “Inclusive and Quality driven Holistic Education in Secondary & Vocational Institutions” which was presented by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group, New Delhi. More than 4 countries and 20 Indian states had participated in the Seminar.
- The school has many National level sportspersons in various games like Shooting, Chess, Kickboxing, carrom.